It’s the freakin’ weekend (sorry, just channeling my inner R. Kelly…)! This has been a very good week with a few personal triumphs that are making this weekend a little sweeter 🙂 Below are a few delightful things that I am currently loving and sharing with you today. Enjoy!
1) Seasonal Eating Guides– Seasonal eating is great on so many levels. It’s better for the environment, your wallet, food quality and so on… Here is a guide to buying seasonally in South Africa and here is a great seasonal guide for the United States that goes by state.
2) The Frown– The Frown is a South African electro group that launched their new album last night. I went to the launch and absolutely LOVED them. They are alternative, unlike anything I’ve heard, and they really know how to put on a show. The best way I can think to describe their sound is 80s… but not. Check them out here to see what I mean.
3) Leopard print shoes – I have been anti the animal print thing for a while, but I think I am finally caving (a little late, I know) and investing in a pair of leopard print flats this weekend. I am especially loving this pointy style:
4) Fish Tacos– I have been CRAVING fish tacos. South Africa’s Mexican restaurants are abysmal in my opinion, but I was also spoiled growing up in a country that has many Mexican restaurants that are actually influenced BY Mexico. So, to get my Mexican fix we often have little Mexi nights, especially on the weekends. I’m thinking this recipe is going to happen.
5) Finally going to experience The Great Gatsby this weekend! I’m not a huge fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald, but this story is classic and Baz Luhrmann is a genius. See you soon Leo!
6) Sesame Seeds- I recently bought a large bag of raw sesame seeds and I have been throwing them on salads, heating them on stove, mixing them into smoothies… you name it. I’m a tahini lover, so it’s really not surprising, but let’s just take a minute to soak in the health benefits: zinc (good for the bones), essential minerals (manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus, calcium), antioxidants and fiber.
Enjoy your weekend pretty people, hope it is delightful 🙂