Hi there, long time no write 😦
2014 proved to be one of the most challenging but also exciting years of my life. There have been many changes, some wonderful, some not so much, but overall, I think 2015 has a lot of good things in-store.
1) I’m engaged! This was obviously super exciting and I am so happy. Exciting times ahead!
2) We moved! We are now living in the beautiful Lowveld, and I am loving the small town vibe, along with the relaxed atmosphere of country living. I think I might be a country girl at heart after all.
3) I am now, very proudly, a contributing writer on greendock.com, a green and healthy living portal that is currently focused on South Africa, but making its way into the world. It is chock-full of interesting articles and information, a calendar of events, a directory, and more. Check it out!
Another change, or rather a discovery: this Ginger-Turmeric Beer. This creation was a light-bulb moment one very hot day, when I was craving something refreshing and fizzy but not water or some sugary soda. This drink is refreshing, healthy, and the perfect thirst quencher when water just won’t do. It can also be made in a pinch!
Homemade Ginger-Turmeric Beer (side note: beer=ale… this is non-alcoholic)
- sparkling water
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 of a lemon
- pinch of ginger
- stevia or honey (I add about 6-7 drops of stevia, but sweeten to your liking. When I tried it with honey 1TBSP was nice)
Place turmeric, ginger, juice from 1/4 of a lemon, and stevia (or honey) in a glass. Slowly add sparkling water (it will fizz up very quickly) and carefully stir to incorporate all the ingredients. Add ice and enjoy!
Some benefits of Turmeric:
- Immunity booster
- Can relieve Arthritis
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Good for weight management
- Supports brain health
- Improves digestion
- Has anti-aging benefits
I’m down with all of those benefits, and at the very least, this drink is tasty and refreshing. Let me know if you give a shot!
see you soon, promise 🙂