It’s no secret I love holidays, and now that I’m marrying into a Greek family, I’ve discovered this little thing called Greek Easter. It is seriously a feast! Yes, I know that’s not the reason for the season, but it is certainly a highlight for me (hashtag glutton). Anyway, since my family is stateside and Greek Easter is only this coming weekend, this past Easter weekend was festive but we’re saving our selves (and room in our bellies) for the big event.
(gorgeous view and beautiful Easter weather)
When it comes to gatherings with friends and family, it’s always nice to offer to bring something. To me it’s a win-win, because it lessens the burden on the host while also giving you the opportunity to provide a healthy something to share. My favorites:
- Fruit salads / platters
- Crudites with hummus
- Butternut Squash Croquettes (these are real crowd-pleasers)
- A homemade meze platter with roasted vegetables, olives, nuts, etc.
- Free-range biltong (for informal or sporty gatherings)
- Hearty salads – this Emerald Salad is a family favorite
- Libations! Make a healthy sangria with no added sugars, or bring a bottle of bubbly and orange juice for mimosas
On another note, Easter is always pretty special to me, as it marks the weekend I met Matt. This weekend was mine and Matt’s 4th Easter together! Crazy how time flies 🙂
Enjoy your Tuesday!