A few months ago we received some very special news… our duo is becoming a trio! I’m pregnant, and so so excited!
It’s funny how something of this magnitude can cause such a rush a different emotions. I went from “OH MY GOD!”, to “damn… no travelling for a while” (we were planning on going to Peru in 2016…), to “BAAAAABY!!!!!”, back to “OH MY GOD!”, to “we’ve got this”, and then all the feelings courtesy of hormones, of course.
I wasn’t sure if I wanted to share any of my pregnancy on the blog, but then a friend encouraged me to get back into blogging because it would be a nice way to journal the process and look back at my experience one day.
So here are a few things I’ve learned so far, and a few things I’ve experienced:
- The amount of information out there is overwhelming, as is the amount of cuteness… thank god for Pinterest. Pacing oneself is essential.
- While I’ve tried to stay healthy, sometimes you get a craving! I’ve found that over-eating and especially over-eating crappy food, makes me feel awful. Like, laying-on-the-bed-with-a-stomachache awful. My solution: healthy and lighter versions of whatever I’m craving. Currently, this means baked “fried” chicken. Gimme dat.
- The pickle thing is real. Why are they so good???
- I’ve never missed my family more, yet at the same time, in my nearly 7 years away, I’ve never felt closer to them.
- A few pieces of advice from other mommas that have helped me wrap my head around this entire experience:
- “There are a lot of ways to get parenting right, and only a few ways to get it wrong”
- “There aren’t enough books to read to prepare you for parenthood”
- “Trust your instincts”
- I didn’t realize I would see Matt so differently, and I’m sure I’ll go through that all over again once the baby is here. Love really is infinite, and I really am lucky.
(can’t wait for our little South African baba)
Hurry up, August 🙂